Deleting a post and event name duplication

I created a new event named “Gender equal world”, but forgot to add the date (8 March 2020), and was unable to find a way to add it afterwards. then I deleted it, in order to create a new one properly, but I keep receiving the message that the event already exists, but I can’t find it anymore :worried:

Description is:
“Exposição e eventos relacionados ao dia Internacional da Mulher e à iniciativa Arte & Feminismo, com o apoio e colaboração da Embaixada da Suécia em Portugal”

Try again now? When an author deletes a post, it stays as a withdrawn post for 24 hours to allow for any sort of necessary reference to it or decision-making around it. I have gone in and deleted it as it didn’t appear to have content still there. You shouldn’t have the issue of name duplication anymore.

By the way, the pen and paper button below the post should give you the option to add or change date/time/location after the event is created.

1 Like

Thanks! I could swear that option to open an event was not there before, but now I had not experimented any problem.

Hi @Elappen_WMF, I’m having a smilar issue with Wikidata Wednesday Vienna − I realised I put in the wrong date (It’s on the 19th, not on the 14th). Using the pen button, I can change everything (location, text) but not the event − there’s only “Add Event”. I did try re-adding the event with the correct date (twice), but this did not actually update the date.

1 Like

Thanks for flagging this @JeanFred. I’ve gone in and changed the date of your event. There are a number of issues I’ve identified around the Edit Wiki feature (accessed by the paper and pen icon identified above) and changes not saving correctly. Out of curiosity, are you able to save changes to the date and time of your event using the larger pencil icon next to the event title (i.e. using the direct edit option rather than the Edit Wiki feature)?

Thanks @Elappen_WMF for the swift action!

Out of curiosity, are you able to save changes to the date and time of your event using the larger pencil icon next to the event title (i.e. using the direct edit option rather than the Edit Wiki feature)?
Hmmm, not too sure which one you are referring to − I don’t see a larger pencil icon next to the title. There is smaller pencil next to the timestamp (in orange on the following screenshot, next to the 13h), but that takes me to a history feature.