Filter latest posts to filter out events (or any category?)

I might be an isolated case. I come here occasionally to see if there are good conversations I am interested in reading or participating in. To parse the latest conversations, I look at the “latest”. BUt with the healthy number of events that are added every day, my list of “latest” almost only has calendar entries, which I am not so interested in. Is there a way to have an option to filter out from “latest” the categories you don’t want to see?

Thank you!

1 Like
1 Like

Ha! thanks. I did look for a similar topic before ai posted, but the title was too different ;). That worked! Thank you.

1 Like

I was also just thinking about to post a question about this when I saw 16 out of 20 latest topics were events :)
Good to know that it’s possible to mute certain categories.

1 Like

Not sure if this is in scope for this thread, but today I wished that there was a “toggle” or something in my settings so that I could just filter out events from my Discuss homepage (not that they are not interesting! but I rarely have to say anything about them). I also realize that since Events is a category, people may want to just exclude whatever other category they aren’t interested in to reduce clutter and focus on the topics they can contribute better to.

@Elitre_WMF, I just moved your comment to a more appropriate thread :)

So yes, anyone can mute events or any other category they are not interested in contributing to. Additionally, if we are going to stick with “Latest” rather than “Categories” as the homepage, @HDothiduc_WMF and I think it makes even more sense to create a “Latest Events” tab that will separate out events for everyone.

1 Like

Sorry. Not sure which search terms I used that didn’t bring up this topic. (Which BTW I had even read, and then forgotten.)