How many pages are on your watchlist right now?

I’ve been slowly trying to remove pages from my watchlist at the English Wikipedia. I just cut it down to 2,796 pages, from a peak of about 3,300 pages.

I haven’t used it regularly for its main purpose for several years. It looks like about 300 pages (including talk pages) on my watchlist get edited each week.

How many articles are on your watchlist? Do you use it a lot?

4 Likes

I have 3216 pages on my watchlist on Swedish Wikipedia right now and I use it frequently. I always have a tab open with it and checks back into it a couple of times per day.

2 Likes

deWP: 5.213
Data: 589
Commons: 525
Meta: 2.044 (Viele übersetzte Schnipsel)
enWP: 172

2 Likes

2,185 on enwp, 155 on meta, 781 on wikidata, 34 on commons.I use it daily on enwp, infrequently on other projects. I regularly purge the list; I try to keep it around 1,000, but fail miserably.

2 Likes

My list from the content projects is as follows:

Commons: 3,438
Wikidata: 395
Macedonian Wikipedia (home wiki): 384
English Wikipedia: 12
Croatian Wikipedia: 2
Macedonian Wikisource: 2
Bulgarian, Serbian and German Wikipedia: 1 each
Total: 4,236

2 Likes

As a frequent patroller and responsible admin on Macedonian Wikipedia, I have over 22,000 article on my watchlist.

Usually, once per week I open that tab to review changes there.

For what purpose do you use it now, if not its main purpose?

Mostly to keep track of which revisions I’ve already checked. I go straight to https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Medicine&action=history every morning, and because it’s on my watchlist, it can tell me which edits are new since my last visit. This is my primary use for my watchlist these days.

I also use my watchlist to keep track of the names of a few pages that I don’t visit often. (I may not remember the name of the page, but I’ll be able to recognize it by looking at my watchlist.)

1 Like

I have 10387 pages on my en.wp watchlist (it takes between one and two hours every day just to go through it and to revert inappropriate edits), 2233 on Wikidata and 5460 on Commons (mainly my own uploads). On ru.voy I am not using the watchlist, we can still work by looking at recent changes there.

1 Like

10.000 on French Wiktionary, 800 on French Wikipedia, 1.500 on Meta.

For Wiktionary, I mostly watch insults, the vocabulary related to identities (gender, sexual or related to religious group) and pages about sexuality where the pictures are often removed. I also watch plenty talk pages, as I am around since a decade.

1 Like

I have about 19k watchlisted pages… and I try and keep it down to only articles I contribute to or have any knowledge on, and avoid recent changes or other random patrolling that would cause the watchlist to bloat.

1 Like

fiwiki: 8440 pages (+earlier I had 3915 IP talk pages before I removed them all)
metawiki: 8777 pages

Those watchlists are my most visited webpages every day. I open my watchlists many times every day and check almost all changes there.

1 Like

frwiki: 6000 pages, wikidata : 9000 items and Commons: 7000.

On wikidata I mostly watch the pages I created. I prefer to look the property constraints to look about aberrations.

1 Like