Mickey Mouse

The UI dispels some people. The small notification circles just above the member avatar in the top right corner look like Mickey Mouse ears to some people. That is unpleasant to see for them. Could the stylesheet please be adapted? For example having on a row from left to right avatar circle and then two notification circles?

Ad

2 Likes

I quite like what you describe as the “Mickey Mouse” look. @HDothiduc_WMF do you have any thoughts on the avatar notifications?

Heya, do you have a screenshot of what you mean?
I would also be interested in why it’s unpleasant to see - is there information not visible or does it hinder you from doing a certain action because of how it showing up like that?

1 Like

I totally understand how it can be unpleasant or even distressing to see your own face with notification bubbles attached like Mickey Mouse ears. Not everyone identifies with Mickey Mouse ;)

3 Likes

Ha, I think it was I who first complained to Ad about this at Wikimania. Here’s an example:
IMG_1659%202

2 Likes

To me, it violates the mantra “Don’t insult your customer” even if it seems rather minor.

2 Likes

com_depressed-clip-art_982841

4 Likes

Thank you for the additional details! I have actually not seen it before, but I understand now!
I’ve looked into the CSS and what do you all think about this:

5 Likes

Much more preferable! :slight_smile:

That is fine with me, thanks!

Great, I will wait a bit to see if there are any concerns with that proposed change, and then go ahead and change it.

2 Likes

:checkered_flag: I have now changed the CSS in the main default theme to display the notifications as proposed above. Let me know if you any more feedback or questions :)

5 Likes