Wikimedia has listed seven projects in Outreachy Round 19:
One of these projects is documentation-related, one related to quality assurance and remaining five are coding projects:
- A system for releasing data dumps from a classifier detecting unsourced sentences in Wikipedia, mentored by Sam Walton, Miriam Redi and Guilherme Gonçalves
- Convert Campaign pages to React, mentored by Khyati Soneji and Sage Ross
- Create command-line runner for MediaWiki maintenance tasks, mentored by Will Doran
- Create regression automated tests for Special:Homepage functionality testing, mentored by Elena Tonkovidova
- Documentation improvements to the ~20 top 100 most viewed MediaWiki Action API pages on-wiki, mentored by Jerop Brenda
- Improve MediaWiki Action API Integration Tests, mentored by Kate Chapman, Clara Andrew-Wani and Daniel Kinzler
- Improvements and User Testing of Wiki Education Dashboard Android App, mentored by Ujjwal Agrawal and Sage Ross
Only applicants with an account on the Outreachy site will be able to see the details of these projects. You can learn more about the timeline, roles, and responsibilities of participants and mentors, and ways to get in touch with the coordinators here: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Outreachy/Round_19. You can also view these projects under “Featured projects” column here on Phabricator: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/4265/.
Spread the news among your friends both in the Wikimedia world and outside and encourage them to apply :)
If you have any questions, please reach out to me!