Re: [African Wikimedians] African-Wikimedians Digest, Vol 12, Issue 7

Hi Rudolph, most welcome, karibu sana! What is your wiki - ID?
(you know among us wikipedia people we often like to snoop a bit
and see how the other one has edited, on what topics etc - to
which our software luckily gives us the opportunity to be curious
a bit)

Cheers - Kipala from swwiki

Hello Ingo,

Your question is in order but I’d like to point out that Wikipedia username or editing was not a criteria for this job and Rudolph don’t have to be a Wikipedia editor to take up this role. It’s an added advantage but not just a requirement.

Of course Rudolph could provide their Wikim§edia username if they are already registered.

Regards

Isaac

We need to learn to work on Wikipedia articles together, or just share the process, the knowledge.

I will be attending the Conference on the Status of Women in March. I usually sit in on the African women caucus.

Do you have any handouts?

I am working on a new Wikipedia article about an early African American pioneer in Anthropology. It is going to take longer than I thought. I found out about this Anthropologist 25 years ago when I was taking a class at Columbia university in ethnographic cinematography.

I ordered some books from Amazon to learn more, and to get more details. I have been wanting to do this article for over a year now. I have many conversations with friends when I work on articles, sharing what I learned. It adds value to our conversations. Some of friends even get into the subject of the articles and buy books. This is what colleagues do.

Linda