Some characters not 100% visible

In page titles some characters are not 100% visible. See for example here the letter “g” in “viewing” and in “bug”:
old

Same at https://discuss-space.wmflabs.org/ on the list for example for category “Languages”.

I don’t know is it only Firefox on my Windows laptop.

3 Likes

Thanks @Stryn for reporting this! Anyone else who sees the same problem, can you share your browser and operating system here? I unfortunately can’t reproduce the the problem on Firefox on my Mac.

1 Like

The header of Visual bug when viewing attendees in Events looks good to me both in Firefox and Chrome for Ubuntu.

Browser: Google Chrome 76.0.3809.132

Not a problem for me either.

1 Like

Yes, letters are cut at bottom on Firefox.

I have Palemoon on Windows 7, same problem as Stryn has.

So maybe it’s contained to Windows, the font could be rendered a bit differently.
I have adjusted to font size of the title to be a bit smaller. I made the change only in the Development Theme (not stable), you can enable it in your interface preferences. Can you check and let me know if you notice a difference?

Not really better. Btw I’m a bit worried if there is not Windows computers in the Wikimedia office…
Old:
old
New:
new

Note the lower “bug” after “About Wikimedia Space” is not cut off in the new theme.

Why would you think someone is working from a centralised office when 50% of the staff is remote and almost all contractors work from home ? ;)

This is likely because of .extra-info-wrapper .topic-link having overflow:hidden set. Having overflow hidden on an inline element risks cutting off descenders/ascenders.

Chrome on win8.1 has the same cut-off from the descender of “g”. Developer theme looks the same on Sept 23.

1 Like