Now that we’re becoming more of a Space community, it’s important to take a minute to recognize some of the great conversations and news currently happening here.
Some highlights from the past weeks:
- Users shared their photos and stories about filling in gaps on the projects at What was your first Commons contribution?, including @AronManning with an original photograph of a partial lunar eclipse at the precise moment when an airplane passed in front of it, and @Papuass who got a close-up of the Prime Minister of Latvia.
- @Gnom shared the news of Arabic Wikipedia reaching 1,000,000 articles and @Sky_xe shared his Arabic editing tutorial videos that have helped Arabic-speaking students learn the Wikimedia basics.
- @Olea kicked off a discussion about events management software where 8 users talked in detail about approaches and experiences with different platforms.
- The experiment of mirroring mailing lists began, with the Education and African Wikimedians as the first to take the plunge.
- @ASedrati_WMF, @DRanville_WMF, @FFort_WMF, @RSharma_WMF, and @LTeles_WMF have kept us updated on the Movement Strategy process around the world with their blog posts in English and their native languages.
- Tips for getting a job at the Wikimedia Foundation was shared across platforms and got over 1,000 unique views, as well as 25 likes so far.
- Users from across the world have opted to put their location on the Users’ Map, but there are still some notable regions missing. Visit your preferences and fill in the map location if you want your city or country represented!
This is just a sampling of the cool things happening here. Anything else you’d like to highlight? Comment below!