November was a month of sustained growth and more conversation in Space. Let’s see how December goes, with the holidays celebrated in many regions.
Thank you so much for your feedback to our question in last month’s report. Good discussion! This time we want to ask you: if we should focus on one problem Space has, what problem would that be?
If you have any other questions or suggestions, please comment below.
See also Space Community Spotlight #1.
These metrics correspond to November 2019 unless specified otherwise. The target numbers refer to the Success criteria for the Wikimedia Space prototype. The previous numbers refer to Space Progress Report - October 2019.
- 705 registered users (target 1000, previous 584)
- 620 registered users excluding Foundation staff (target 770, previous n/a)
For more information about these levels, see Trust levels and user rights in Wikimedia Space.
Weekly signups Jun 5 - Nov 30
Weekly user visits (registered users) Jun 5 - Nov 30
Click here for more graphics
Daily engaged users (weekly average) Jun 5 - Nov 30
New contributors (weekly) Jun 5 - Nov 30
Daily user visits (registered users)
Daily engaged users
- 6.6 blog posts per week (average, target 3, previous 6.5)
4 languages other than English with at least 1 blog posts per month: Spanish, French, Portuguese, Arabic (target 3, previous 0)
- 1 in non-Latin script (target 2, previous 0)
- 1 in right-to-left script (target 1, previous 0)
- 0 volunteers in the Editorial Board (target 2, previous 0)
- 2 languages other than English supported by native volunteer reviewers: French, Arabic (target 3, previous 0)
- 61.3 daily visits (registered users, average, target 200, previous 51.7)
- 22.6 daily engaged users (liking or posting, average, target 40, previous 18.0)
- 108 users liking or posting monthly excluding Foundation staff (target 190, previous 80)
- 19 users posting at least 5 times in the past month excluding Foundation staff (target 40, previous 7)
- 1 active closed group/category (at least 1 post, target 3, previous 3)
3 languages other than English with more than 5 users participating in that language: French, Spanish, Portuguese (target 3, previous 2)
- 0 in non-Latin script (target , previous 0)
- 0 in right-to-left script (target, previous 0)
- 0 volunteers in the Moderators team (group/category moderators not counted, target 2, previous 0)
- 0 languages represented by volunteers on Moderators team (B2 level, target 2, previous 0)
- 0% of departments formally briefed about Wikimedia Space (0 of 8, target 100%, previous 0%)
- 40% of Foundation announcements published in Space on time (6 of 15, target 100%, previous 60%)