Here comes our second Space progress report, and with it one question that you are invited to help answering.
Registration is progressing at a rate of three new users per day, every day there is a new user posting for the first time, every day we have about fifty registered users visiting Space, and we even start to see languages other than English being used (remarkably French). However, engagement in terms of or comments is slightly in decline, and it is still difficult to see longer conversations catching up.
Is this just a matter of keeping growing steadily to build critical mass, or is there something else missing? We want to hear your opinions!
These metrics correspond to October 2019 unless specified otherwise. The target numbers refer to the Success criteria for the Wikimedia Space prototype. The previous numbers refer to September 2019.
- 584 registered users (target 1000, previous 483)
- 454 registered users excluding Foundation staff (target 770, previous n/a)
For more information about these levels, see Trust levels and user rights in Wikimedia Space.
- 6.5 blog posts per week (average, target 3, previous 4)
- 0 languages other than English with at least 2 blog posts per month (target 3, previous 0)
- 0 in non-Latin script (target 2, previous 0)
- 0 in right-to-left script (target 1, previous 0)
- 0 volunteers in the Editorial Board (target 2, previous 0)
- 2 languages other than English supported by native volunteer reviewers: French, Arabic (target 3, previous 0)
- 51.7 daily visits (registered users, average, target 200, previous 49)
- 18.0 daily engaged users (liking or posting, average, target 40, previous 23)
- 80 users liking or posting monthly excluding Foundation staff (target 190, previous n/a)
- 7 users posting at least 5 times in the past month excluding Foundation staff (target 40, previous n/a)
- 3 active closed groups/categories (at least 1 post, target 3, previous 2)
- 2 languages other than English with more than 5 users participating in that language: French, Spanish (target 3, previous 0)
- 0 in non-Latin script (target , previous 0)
- 0 in right-to-left script (target, previous 0)
- 0 volunteers in the Moderators team (group/category moderators not counted, target 2, previous 0)
- 0 languages represented by volunteers on Moderators team (B2 level, target 2, previous 0)
- 0% of departments formally briefed about Wikimedia Space (0 of 0, target 100%, previous 0%)
- 60% of Foundation announcements published in Space on time (6 of 10, target 100%, previous n/a)
- 2019-10-31 3 active closed groups/categories. However, participation is still minimal.
You can find more details about the development of Wikimedia Space at our workboard in Phabricator.
Weekly signups Jun 5 - Oct 31
Weekly user visits (registered users) Jun 5 - Oct 31
Daily user visits (registered users)
Daily engaged users (weekly average) Jun 5 - Sep 30
Daily engaged users
New contributors (weekly) Jun 5 - Sep 30