Originally published at: https://space.wmflabs.org/2019/10/07/tech-news-2019-week-41/
Bahasa Indonesia • Deutsch • English • français • lietuvių • polski • português do Brasil • suomi • svenska • čeština • Ελληνικά • русский • українська • עברית • العربية • 中文 • 日本語
- The abuse filter function now has a faster parser. This is to shorten the waiting time when you save an edit. 
- There is a problem in the visual editor when you copy or delete text with footnotes. It will be fixed soon. 
Changes later this week
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 8 October. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 9 October. It will be on all wikis from 10 October (calendar).
- You can join the technical advice meeting on IRC. During the meeting, volunteer developers can ask for advice. The meeting will be on 9 October at 15:00 (UTC). See how to join.
- The Community Wishlist Survey has a new format. It will focus on wikis that typically get less support. It will probably go back to the normal format next year. It is not decided exactly how it will work this year. You can leave feedback.
- The URL of the Wikimedia wiki main pages could be changed. This is because the current URLs cause several problems. For example
https://www.wikidata.org/instead. You can tell the developers if this would cause problems for your wiki.
- There is a new technical community newsletter. You can read more about the work of Wikimedia’s technical community. Subscribe to get the information in the future.
- Outreachy is an internship program for groups who are underrepresented in free and open-source software. There are seven Wikimedia projects about coding, documentation and quality assurance in the next round. Persons who fit the criteria can apply. The last day to apply is 5 November.