Originally published at: https://space.wmflabs.org/2020/01/21/tech-news-2020-week-04/
Other languages: Deutsch • English • español • français • lietuvių • magyar • polski • português do Brasil • suomi • svenska • čeština • русский • српски / srpski • українська • עברית • العربية • ไทย • 中文 • 日本語
Changes later this week
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 21 January. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 22 January. It will be on all wikis from 23 January (calendar).
- There is a new suggestion for what to show when someone edits without registering an account. This is to give unregistered editors better privacy and make some anti-vandalism work go faster. You can give feedback.
- Pywikibot is a Python library to automate work on wikis. It will no longer support Python 2. Use the
python2tag if you need to continue running Python 2 scripts. The Pywikibot team strongly recommends to migrate to Python 3. You can get help to do so. 
- The weekly MediaWiki branch cut will soon become automated. The timing for this cut may change. You can discuss in Phabricator if this affects you. 
- You can read about coming technical events and mentoring interns.