What was your first Wikipedia article created?

So folks, let’s bring back memories of our beginnings on Wikipedia and share what was the first article you created and briefly tell the story behind it.

My first newly created article was about Felix Dzerzhinsky on the Macedonian Wikipedia. At the time, I was preparing myself for the secondary school exit exam in History and discovered editing Wikipedia as a nice way for repetition of the recently acquired knowledge about less familiar personalities and events.

Apart from the Macedonian Wikipedia, I’ve also created articles on five other language editions. The firsts are:

8 Likes

not my first edit - but the first edit as user with a account - i started #vlog april 3th 2005: https://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Vlog&oldid=5125824

today i’m a #ToxicUser and banned without time-limits :-(

1 Like

My first Wikipedia article was in my native language Norwegian. It was about the new (at that time) Kanye West album ye. My first English Wikipedia article was about the CumEx-Files.

3 Likes

I do not remember to be honest (I know, I can easily check). It must have been in 2007 and in Russian.

2 Likes

My first article for the English Wikipedia (according to Special:Contributions) is about a short US highway. Now, I don’t even know what some of the technical terms mean (a “super two” highway?). The only source I added (just the URL) is a dead link now.

4 Likes

My first modification was adding a blue link in Trois-Rivières on French Wikipadia in november 2004.

My first article creation was two days later. It was Municipalité régionale de comté (Just one line a no source! :sweat_smile:) Who act as a upper tier municipality in Quebec.

5 Likes

Not my first, but my third: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Alwyn_Barlow was memorable for being proposed for deletion, almost at the moment of creation. But I persisted: knowing that he was indeed notable and important in the history of the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loranthaceae .

3 Likes

My first Wikipedia article is the Saint Peter of Alcantara Parish Church in the English Wikipedia. I created this article as part of the 2014 Cultural Heritage Mapping Workshop I attended in 2014. I won the Best Wikipedia Article (during the Breakout Sessions) during that conference. :partying_face:

3 Likes

My first contrib ever is from my former account on French Wikipedia automn 2007, it was a bio’s paragraph of a character from Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.
Damn, thanks, I’m feel old now.

2 Likes

I’m not much of a Wikipedian, but at an editathon a while ago I had the pleasure of translating enwiki’s non-binary gender article into German (as „nichtbinäres Geschlecht“, since renamed to nichtbinäre Geschlechtsidentität). Others seem to have edited it quite extensively since then, hopefully changing it for the better (I haven’t been keeping tabs on it, to be honest). That’s still my first and only new Wikipedia article, though I’ve made edits to others.

2 Likes

Hi @WhatamIdoing. Hope this finds you well. :heart:
I was curious about what inspired you to create your first article.
My search of Special:Contributions/WhatamIdoing yielded not a highway but rather Richter’s transformation. Maybe my wiki skills are rusty and I did it wrong? Truly, I’m not trolling you, really. This wiki space is new to me, and this thread appealed to me, and this post seemed as good a place as any to practice and earn badges and, while I was at it, to say hello. Thank you for writing about rare cancers and highways. Thank you for your service on Wikipedia. :star:
P.S. FWIW, my first article was Howard Gobioff.
P.P.S. WP:OFFTOPIC question: Can we use wikitext here?? The visual editor seems more cumbersome than coding. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The highway was three weeks before that. I don’t remember what inspired it.

Wikitext doesn’t work here.

1 Like