Wikimedia Space mobile application

I was wondering if there are any plans of developing an official mobile app for Wikimedia Space (excuse me if it already exists).

2 Likes

Hey @Kiril_Simeonovski, there is a mobile app for Discourse (the software that powers Discuss Space), but in my experience the mobile browser version of Space works better. With some minor tweaks I think the mobile browser version could fill the void temporarily (just a small example, but I always have my mobile homepage on Latest rather than Categories as I find it way more useful), and a better-functioning mobile app would be something we could look into down the line.

2 Likes

The Discourse mobile app is basically identical to to the plain mobile browser view (it just adds an overview of all your Discourse accounts), which is decent for reading but poor for notifications.

A notification-oriented mobile app would certainly be nice (and not that complicated, I think). It could just open Discourse in a browser or a web layer on click, other than notifications the mobile web interface works pretty well.

2 Likes