Wikipedia Asian Month is an online article contest on Wikipedia focused on promotion of Asian content in different language Wikipedia. Each participating community runs a month-long online edit-a-thon every November at their local language Wikipedia to create new content about Asia except their home country. Participation is not limited to Asian communities. The first iteration of this competition began in 2015 and each year, the article counts and participating communities have diversified and expanded.
Now it’s a great time to sign up for the 2019 Wikipedia Asian Month , which will take place in November this year (9 days left!). Here are some updates and improvements we will make for upcoming WAM. If you have any suggestions or thoughts, feel free to discuss on the meta talk page.
- Please add your language project by 24th October 2019. Please indicate if you need multiple organisers by 29th October.
- Please update your community members about you being the organiser of the WAM.
- We want to host many onsite Edit-a-thons all over the world this year. If you would like to host one in your city, please take a look and sign up at this page.
- Please encourage other organizers and participants to sign-up in this page to receive updates and news on Wikipedia Asian Month.
- If you want to receive the WAM organizer message, you can add your username at this page.
Reach out the WAM team here at the meta talk page if you have any questions.
Also read the recent blog post about the Wikipedia Asian Month!!