You know you are a Wikipedian, when

You know the kind of game, I think, it is a very simple one - I started a sentence, you have to finish it. And you can read my sentence in the title, but I will repeat it here:

You know you are a Wikipedian, when… you share Wiki knowledge with friends who had no idea of what Wikimedia stands for.

11 Likes

… you wake up from a dream about adding references to a Wikipedia article (happened to me two nights ago).

6 Likes

… you use your limited free time at work to write articles.

6 Likes

you get threats by e-mail and the sender explains they are due to your Wikipedia-related activity (“if you do not stop you will regret about it”).

6 Likes

… you take your yearly holidays to organize a wiki-competition / meet your wiki-friends etc.

8 Likes

… you accidentally sign an email with four tildes (~~~~)

10 Likes

When your your autosuggestion after a : are all Wikipedia shortcuts.

6 Likes

When your first reaction to a less-familiar word in a newspaper story is “Let me just check and make sure we’ve got an article on that already…”

5 Likes

… when you upload your vacations photos to Commons.

Like this one, in particular. :wink:

Maison Samuel-Bédard 09

8 Likes

I gave your post a love, because I love the spirit in which you posted it. I hate that this happens and we have nothing we can do to prevent it! :frowning_face:

3 Likes

You know you are a Wikipedian, when… you search for the “Edit” button on a newspaper/magazine!

5 Likes

… when you read History and Talk page.

6 Likes

… when you are surprised that your favourite encyclopedia lacks an article about a popular item these days - which happens to be a sex toy (true story, read on Telegram!)

3 Likes

…when you take images for illustrating articles, even when you ride a bicycle for leisure :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You know you are a Wikisourcer, when instead of reading a physical book, you check if a scan of that book has been uploaded on Commons and then start proofreading the book, page by page, on Wikisource so that a digital version can be created and subsequently downloaded by anyone in multiple formats.

8 Likes

… when you are watching some mainstream movie or video, someone mentions Wikipedia jokingly or not and, surprised, you feel the urge to tell you neighbor “Did you hear? She mentioned Wikipedia!” as if it would be your pet project or a best kept Internet secret.

4 Likes

Most awesome reply in the movie „Er ist wieder da“ when explains about etymology of the word Wikipedia :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heya! This is a neat photo!

Are those for blueberry picking like the name suggests or can they be used for picking other types of berries too? No matter which one, there’s a cat for it on Commons : Category:Berry-picking rake and its subcat Category:Blueberry rakes.

There are a bunch of Wikipedia articles connected to Q882419 in Wikidata for the manual version for all berries and then Q3274442, which is connected to a massive article in French that should be translated :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thanks for category. In Canada, the manual version is mainly for blueberry. I imagine you can take some other small berry with it.

2 Likes

My pleasure! We mainly use them for bilberries and lingonberries. And when your body doesn’t bend as easily, we have this version :D

I’ll have to remember to upload these photos to Commons at some point in time since they’re CC BY 4.0 so we can also have photos of Finnish berry rakes from a range of years.

3 Likes